Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Autumn in New Zealand

Casa on Thornton Street

I haven't written in this blog for quite some time, as you may have noticed. My mid-year resolution is to post a picture a day. As there are plenty of lovely and interesting things to capture with my camera, I shouldn't have a problem keeping my resolution.

It is autumn in Christchurch. I am happy to report I am back in my old room at Dave and Kirsten's. Being here has made the transition back to Christchurch very easy. Things are very different from when I left. Many places I used to go are closed due to earthquake damage, not that I'm complaining. I don't want to sound like the annoying people on this evening's news who complained there was nothing to do in Christchurch. There is still plenty to do! I would love to tell those people who are bored to go help someone clean up their garden or remove silt from their driveway and walkway.

I am teaching the second half of a modern stateless warfare course this term. So far, it seems to be going well. The students seemed to like the Isle of Ted Simulation we did last week. Tomorrow, we start our module on terrorism - so it should be a fun class.

.

No comments: