Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snow Days

Cold weather and snow has literally blown in to New Zealand from Antarctica, Canterbury was closed for a second day today. Over 20 centimeters of snow has fallen and more may fall over the next day before the weather system dissipates. Luckily, I have a trusty espresso machine, well-stocked kitchen, books, and lots of projects to make sure I do not go stir crazy. In a break from work, I brushed snow off of the trees, cleared a poplar branch, and searched for the elusive snow kiwi. Alas, I only found a snowman among the pukeko.

3 comments:

james said...

yeah! snowballs!

EllenQ said...

That snowman makes me smile. It's 11pm and still 90 degrees here in the midst of the worst drought in 50 years. We missed you in State College!

Marja said...

What a cute snowman Happy spring has arrived