Thursday, October 26, 2006

Buffalo's Better with the Drams and the Drive-By Truckers

I am a week late on this, but my move has taken over my life. Last Thursday Abby and I drove to Buffalo to see the Drams and the Drive-By Truckers at the Town Ballroom (for some reason I repeatedly called it the Townhall Ballroom). It was a great mid-size venue with a great layout and sound. It was a grand show. The Drams made me feel like I was home or maybe that was the whiskey talking. As usual, the Drive-By Truckers played a lengthy and impeccable show. After the show Abby and I wandered back stage to say hello to my fellow Dentonites. After the gear was packed up we ventured down to the infamous Mohawk Place. The lucky few of us there were were treated to a grand surprise. As the scheduled band packed up their stuff, the Drams and Jason Isbell decided to commandeer the stage. It was wonderful watching the meeting of great musicians. They even played a few Centro-matic songs. There was a small gaggle of men all gathered at the front of the stage, even though there was plenty of space close to the stage to spread out. I guess they like to huddle. I was even invited to join the group, but I respectfully declined. After a few hours of sleep, Abby and I ventured back to State College. We even drove through some snow in the Southern Tier of New York.

No comments: