Thursday, October 26, 2006

Test in Philly

I had my test in Philadelphia this morning. Boy howdy was I bleary eyed when I arrived. I think my eyes matched my hair. The test was exhausting, but I am happy it's over. Since I think I earned a break I wandered the streets of Philadelphia. First I hit Philly's Chinatown. I walked into a great little store. I just wanted to browse the tea pots, erasers, and trinkets. But the proprietor insisted that I sit and have tea with him. The tea break was awkward but enjoyable - I am not used to drinking tea with random shop keepers. After Chinatown I went to the Reading Terminal Market for lunch. I love that market. It's not as good as the markets in Mexico City but it comes close. The have all kinds of food there, everything ranging from Amish to Thai. I chose a roast beef sandwich on a baugette with sharp provolone. I took my sandwich and wandered over to the beer garden to order a beer, the perfect remedy for an over-worked brain. After lunch, I trolled around the market. I found a shop that could help me replenish my formerly great mustard collection. The aforementioned collection was up to 8 kinds of mustard before my refrigerator decided to kick the bucket. I chose a lovely chamagne dill mustard as a starter to the new collection. I will return to the market for breakfast tomorrow. Email me and I may pick you up an interesting mustard.

No comments: