Thursday, June 02, 2011

First in the Don't Let "Fill-in-the-Blank" Kill Your Kids Campaign

As I walked to the bus station the other day, I noticed a very odd ad on the bus stop billboard. At first, I thought I had misread the sign. A second look confirmed what I initially thought I read: don't let nana kill your kids. After closer inspection, I found the ad warns people of the dangers of unattended cooking not homicidal grandmothers - which I am happy to report is not an epidemic in NZ. Evidence that I am not pulling your leg is contained in the photograph below. It the first ad in the series I call the Don't Let "Fill-in-the-Blank" Kill Your Kids Campaign. I saw another in the series yesterday and will post a picture soon.

2 comments:

EllenQ said...

Is New Zealand really such an amazing place to live that the biggest threat to children's lives (or even one of the top five) is unattended cooking?

Dawn said...

It is pretty wonderful, but I will have to look into whether unattended cooking is that high of a threat.