Monday, June 20, 2011

More Pictures from Akaroa

Below are pictures from the Harbor Tour I took with Anna, Rachel, and Sarah earlier this month.



Our tour was run by Akaroa Dolphins. L-R: Sarah, Rachel and Anna

Our skipper Murphy

It was a sunny, brisk day. I wonder if the fellow in the shorts rethought his wardrobe choice as we headed out of the harbor. L-R: shorts fellow, one of our guides, hooded person, and Sarah

 The New Zealand flag

We saw several Hector's dolphins. Hector's dolphins are only found in New Zealand. The are the second rarest dolphins in the world. The rarest dolphins, Maui dolphins, are found off the coasts of the North Island. 

Anna

During severe storms, the waves completely cover the hole in the bedrock. 

Back to the present day... I am back to work and blogging after our latest swarm of aftershocks on 13 June 2011. Unfortunately, the grading elves did not visit and grade my tests. My office was remarkably tidy for the size shakes we had. Below are two pictures. 

If you look closely, there is a picture of the intact Christchurch Cathedral on the right.

2 comments:

james said...

wish i was there.

EllenQ said...

My thought process as I read this was "that dog in the life jacket is so cute!.........OH MY GOD!!! DOLPHIN JUMPING OUT THE WATER!!!!"

I <3 dolphins. I'm glad you are having a good time in NZ.