Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Arrival

I forgot to mention the journey through Customs in New Zealand. Since my trip from Auckland to Christchurch was a domestic flight, I checked into customs in Auckland. After checking in with immigration and picking up my luggage from the luggage carousel, I went to the next point in line where they x-rayed all my baggage. After turning in my entry card, I was told to go to line 2 of biosecurity. I understand the New Zealand government is concerned, as they very well should be, of the introduction of invasive species into their environment. However, the term biosecurity scares me a bit. It reminds me of movies like 28 Days Later or other apocalyptic, zombie movies. Luckily, I passed biosecurity and was not placed in quarantine. I did not mention my penchant for zombie lawn games. New Zealand biosecurity website: http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're glad to hear you made it! We miss you already.