Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Flight

If you read my previous message, you know that I survived my flight to New Zealand and I am not stranded on some island in the South Pacific. An odd thing happened to me on the flight to LA, someone actually gave me flack for one of my carry on items, my guitar. There wasn't any room in the front cabinet, so one of the flight attendants told me to put my guitar in the overhead cabinet. As I was walking down the aisle. A man asked me where I was going to put that, in a rather nasty tone. I said not that it's your business, but in the overhead, it's a guitar. As I placed the guitar case in the overhead, he made some noise and another nasty look. The lady behind me also made some disgusted noise. What's up with people commenting on my carry on? It fit in the overhead and there was plenty of room for other people's over-size bags. Luckily, that was the only bad part of my trip.
The flight from LA to Auckland went very well for the hellish experience a 13 hour flight could possibly be. I sat in seat 73B. Before you start feeling sorry for me that I was stuck in a middle seats for 13 hours, you should know that the last few rows of the Boeing 747 only have two seats in the left hand row. I finished reading a book on economic sanctions and watched several movies (Clubland, Zodiac, and 300).
The flight from Auckland to Christchurch was brief. An episode of Mythbusters aired for the in-flight entertainment.The highlight of the trip was looking out the window to the snow-capped New Zealand Southern Alps. The mountains were breathtaking. I may actually take a trip to ski down them sometime in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus!

Did you take a space shuttle there or what? HAHA That picture looks like it was taken from 10 miles above the ground! ;-)

Unknown said...

You should have left the guitar with me....