Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Search for New Headquarters

The last few days have consisted of finding my way about the city, various mundane tasks, and a little bit of work. Cell phones are oddly expensive here, so I settled for a tron-era phone without all the bells and whistles. Who needs a cell phone to cook them breakfast anyway?

I am in the midst of looking for a flat to share. I had a few promising appointments today; I hope to know the location of my new headquarters soon. That's why I haven't sent my mailing address to those of you who have requested it.

Tomorrow is a rather work intense day. However at the end of the day I get to go to the University of Canterbury Staff Club for beverages. For you murder history and movie buffs the Staff Club is in the Ilam Homestead, which was once the residence of the Hulme family. Juliet Hulme's family lived there when her father was the Rector of the university. Juliet Hulme and Pauline Parker murdered Parker's mother (for more information:
http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Heritage/Digitised/ParkerHulme/). In 1994, Peter Jackson filmed a movie about the murder, Heavenly Creatures (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110005/). A large majority of the film was shot on location at the Ilam Homestead.

No comments: